Project cost: $74.0 million
Completion: Winter 2023
Walt Whitman Bridge
I-76 Corridor Rehabilitation
The DRPA invested $74 million in a multi-year project to rehabilitate approximately two miles of Interstate 76 in South Philadelphia between the bridge's toll plaza and Passyunk Avenue.
- Pavement rehabilitation with select areas of full-depth pavement reconstruction with curb replacement
- Improvement of drainage with the addition of new inlets
- Removal and replacement of concrete roadway on the overpasses
- Shoulder grading
- Rehabilitation of pedestrian tunnels
- Installation of new sign structures
- Installation of new light poles, electrical and fiber optic lines
The project is a recipient of the "2022 New Jersey's Leading Capital Construction Project Award" from the New Jersey Alliance for Action.
DRPA strives to improve our service and facilities. To learn more about our current, upcoming and completed projects, click here.