The Ben Franklin Bridge Pedestrian Walkway offers a picturesque route for walkers, runners and cyclists between Philadelphia and Camden, New Jersey.
In Philadelphia, access to the walkway is located at 5th and Race Street, across the street from the U.S. Mint. In New Jersey, the walkway can be accessed at 4th and Pearl Street. The walkway is open daily from 6 a.m - 8 p.m. October 1 - April 30 and 6 a.m. - 9 p.m. May 1 - September 30.
5th and Race Streets
4th and Pearl Streets
South Walkway: OPEN
North Walkway: CLOSED
Protect yourself. Protect others. Protect everyone.
For everyone's enjoyment and safety, walkway users are reminded to wear a face covering and practice appropriate physical distancing and to respect the space around others.
- Use caution and cross at your own risk. Be alert for others including maintenance crews at work, cyclists and runners.
- Cyclists yield to pedestrians and use audible warnings.
- Leashed pets welcome. Please clean up after your pet.
- A portable toilet is available at the south entrance in Philadelphia.
- Photography & filming for commercial use require approval. To learn more, click here.
- Blocking footwalk
- Defacing property
- Attaching or throwing objects
- Banners and signs
- Skating or skateboarding
- Motorized vehicles